viernes, 18 de abril de 2008

Create and conquer

This past couple of weeks I put my ALBM album aside and worked on a banner I saw featured on TvWeekly, and I had a ton of fun, it was easy and fast to make and I took some pics today so you could see it, is going to hang over my door in my scraproom and it´s super springy I´ll have to do one for halloween and Christmas now.

(the pretty kitty in the back is not included in the banner)
(is kind of a long banner, excuse the mess in the back)

I´m so happy and proud of myself today I started conquering one of my biggest fears: lizards; I am terrified of lizards, big or small, green or blue, vicious or tamed, caged or free they simply FREAK ME OUT!! But today leaving home to go to work I greeted our neighbors who love animals and have a wide variety of them, including 4 dogs, 1 ferret, 1 rabbit and now also a green lizard and they wanted to show it to me, oh yes you know it I started to freak out and they were trying to get me to get close to it and I politely refused and then it occur to me, why was I so afraid? So I got close and gently rubbed Rene´s (green lizard) back with my finger, its been over 12 hours and I can still describe in detail exactly how it felt to touch it, I felt so good about myself maybe next week I allow them to place it on my hand, is a small step for manking but a huuuge step for me.

Tomorrow we have craft meeting and who knows what could happen there, fun times for sure, I also worked on a card today I´ll take a pic tomorrow and also work on my ALBM album, have a great weekend everybody and hope you all create a lot!

6 comentarios:

  1. Great Banner! Love all the embellishments you used. Simply lovely.

    Congrats on taking that first big step conquering your fear. I like to say "you need to take baby steps to get you through".
    Have a great weekend.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The banner is adorable! Love love love it!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Lida, thanks for the sweet comments on my blog this weekend. I truly appreciate them.

    The banner is wonderful and the kitty in the background is too cute. :) Great job taking steps towards conquering your fear of lizards. Don't they have the coolest skin?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Beautiful banner! What fun!

    And well done with the lizard :) It can be so hard to deal with fears like that!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oooo...the banner is really cute! Very inspirational and it's a great idea to make seasonal ones.

    I know what you mean about being afraid of different kinds of critters. For me, it's frogs and snakes. It's awesome that you faced your fear!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I totally love your banner and you did such a good job. I spend a lot of time staring at green lizards, outside on my smoke breaks. I keep my distance, but they remind me so much of dinosaurs. I can't hold one though, you're brave!

    ResponderEliminar